Saturday, October 24, 2009

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Halfway is the cheap way to fly.



We now have a sweet $650 folding bike. The Giant Halfway is an easy solution to bike airline bike carry on fees. The Halfway comes with a nice little black bag stored on the handlebar that you can put the bike into and put on the airplane.
The primary thing that I like about the Halfway is the world beater $650 price. $650 is about the cost on flying you regular bike to Europe 2.5 times. The second thing I like about this bike is that it's black. The third thing I like about this bike is that it's weird. In order to save space Giant has made the fork a righty and the chain stay and seat stay are also righty. By righty I mean there is no left fork leg, or left side of the rear triangle. Thankfully for you my wife had a baby this year, and I put on twenty pounds of sympathy weight which makes me the perfect test rider for this one sided concept. My 245lbs over normal street chatter and up driveway cutouts noticed no strange deflection in the frame. So I'd say I can't see a wrongness to the righty idea. I've never been a BMXer so I don't know much about how it feels to ride 20" wheels, but the Halfway wasn't intuitive for me. I've really hardly ridden the bike so I cant say much either way on it's handling. I think you should come in ride the bike and have your own opinion.

No comments: